The Department has an excellent record of achievements. The department conducts seminars, short-term training programs, workshops and conferences regularly. The faculty regularly publishes books, presents papers in international and national conferences and delivers special lectures.
- Pravin Jagtap: – Stood 2nd in India with percentile 99.9 in the GATE examination conducted in 2009
- Supriya Patil: – Secured 98 percentile in GATE exam conducted in 2010.
Conferences/ STTP/Seminars attended by Staff Members in 2008-09
Staff members attended conferences/seminars/ training in different fields of biotechnology.
Publication by Staff Members
Nine papers has been published in international journals by three staff members in 2010.
Workshops/Conferences/Seminars and other events attended by Students
Forty five students participated in nine different workshops/ conferences.
Projects, Technical Exhibition, and other activities conducted
A) Workshop/Seminar arranged
- One day workshop was conducted on 15th September 2008 on “Techniques in Molecular Biology and Immunology” in collaboration with Bioera Medical Systems, Pune.
- “Syllabus setting workshop” for third year Biotechnology Engineering was conducted on 7th January 2009.
B) Hon. Guests Visited
- Guest lecture was conducted by Dr Mrs A. U. Arvidekar, Reader, Department of Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur on 30th August 2008 on “Fundamentals of Immunology”
- Guest lecture was conducted by Dr. K. D. Sonawane, Co-ordinator, Department of Microbiology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur on 7th January 2009 on “Scope ofBioinformatics”
- Guest lecture was conducted by Dr Mrs Ashwini Jantikar, Clinical Research Laboratory, Mumbai on 10th January 2009 on “Clinical Trials”
- Staff members from Jawaharlal Nehru College of Engineering, Aurangabad visited all laboratories of the department on 12th January 2009 and interacted with the staff.
- Guest lecture was conducted by Mrs Vaishali Shinde, Senior Scientist, Millenium Pharmaceuticals, Boston, USA, on“Clinical Trials” on 23th July. 2009.
- Guest lecture was conducted by Dr Shrinivasan, Bits, Pilani on “Membrane Science, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology” on 15th Sep. 2009.
- Guest lecture was conducted by Mr. Chavdar Mahesh S. on “Magneto tactic bacteria and their applications in Biotechnology.” On 26th Nov. 2009.
C) Industrial Visits:
Industrial visit was conducted for SE, TE and BE students. Companies/ Institute/ Laboratory includes viz.
- Gadre Marine Export, Ratnagiri - Food Processing Industry.
- Blue Cross Laboratories, Goa - Pharmaceutical Industry.
- National Institute of Oceanography, Goa - Research Institute.
- Warana Dairy, Amrutnagar - Milk and Milk Product Processing Industry.
- Seema Biotech, Talsande - Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory.
- Tatyasaheb Kore Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Warananagar - Sugar Production Industry.
- Indian Institute of Horticulture.
- Pasteur Institute.
- Nilgiri Tea Industry.
- Central Sericulture Research and Training Institute, Mysore.