Welcome to Mechanical Engineering Department
Established in the year 1996-97
Department Intake :-
UG Intake Capacity :- 120.
PG Intake capacity :– 18.
The department of mechanical engineering was established in the year 1996-97 initially with intake capacity of 60, now it is increased to 120 in the year 2010-11. The department has got NBA accreditation in 2004 and ISO 9001:2000 certifications in 2007. Recently we have started Post graduation in Design engineering from academic year 2010-11. The department has well experienced and devoted faculty. The department is well equipped with all the laboratory.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for post graduate studies.
- To introduce the students to professional ethics and codes of professional practice and to create awareness of the life long learning.
- To involve the students in collaborative interactions with the industries and research organizations.
- To improve employability of students by imparting soft skills and requisite training.
- To create entrepreneurship awareness amongst the students.