A. Academic Escalations:
1. Prof. Amol S. Todkar succesfully completed his Doctoral Studies at Vishveshvarayya Technological University, Belagavi, in February 2016. Under the guidance of Dr. M. S. Sohani, Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, AITM, Belagavi, he submitted the Thesis entitled, "Effects of vibrations on Electro-discharge machining."
Dr. Amol Subhash Todkar, being awarded his Ph. D by Shri. A. S. Kiran Kumar, Honorable Chairman, ISRO, during the 15th Convocation Ceremony of VTU, Belagavi, on 27th May 2016 at its Open Auditorium. The dais was graced by the charming presence of some of the eminent personalities of the Country like H. E. Shri. Vajibhai Valaji, Governor of Karnataka State and Chancellor of VTU Belagavi, Shri. A. S. Kiran Kumar, Hon. Chairman, Space Commission, Secretary Dept. of Space and Chairman ISRO, Dr. V. Shridhar, Acting Vice Chancellor, VTU, Belagavi, Mr. Shekharappa, Controller of Examination, VTU, Belagavi.
2. Prof. Vivek V. Patil completed his Masters in Production Engineering at KIT, Kolhapur, in May 2014. During his course, he submitted the Thesis entitled "Design of Faciltity for measuring and inspection of Plate Cylinder Dimension and Tolerances"
3. Prof. Prasad D. Kulkarni, completed his Masters in Design Engineering at TKIET, Warananagar, in June 2014. He submitted his dissertation entitled "To evaluate the effect of Prssure Angle on the Stresses at the root of Helical Gear"
4. Prof. Krishnakumar D. Joshi, completed his Masters in Design Engineering at TKIET, Warananagar, in May 2015. He submitted his dissertation entitled "Evaluation of bending stresses at the root of Asymmetric Spur gear tooth by Experimental & FE Method"
5. Prof. Maheshkumar V. Jadhav, completed his Masters in Design Engineering at TKIET, Warananagar, in December 2015. He submitted his dissertation entitled "Experimental & Finite Elemnent Analysis of real proximal human Femur bone under static load"
5. Prof. Harshal S. Nejkar, completed his Masters in Automotive Engineering at Sinhgad College of Engineering, Pune in April 2016. He submitted his dissertation entitled "Static and Dynamic Analysis of Epicyclic Gear Train"
B. Doctoral Studies:
Following faculty members are persuing their doctoral studies.
1. Prof. N. S. Dharashivkar
2. Prof. P. J. Patil
3. Prof. P. V. Mulik
4. Prof. G. S. Kamble
5. Prof. V. N. Mane
6. Prof. S. S. Mahadik
7. Prof. M. R. Jadhav
8. Prof. A. R. Shinge
9. Prof. S. S. Patil
10. Prof. V. V. Patil
11. Prof. V. W. Atgur
C. Research Publications
1. Prof. A. S. Todkar, Prof. P. R. Patil and Prof. P. N. Deshmukh, published a paper entitled, "Effect of Vibration on Micro-Electro-Discharge Machining", in International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Technology (ISSN: 0976-6340/6359) Vol. 5, Issue. 7, in July 2014. pp. 80-100
2. Prof. M. R. Jadhav, Prof. P. V. Mulik, Prof. G. S. Kamble & Prof. K. D. Joshi published a paper entitled, "Facility layout design improvement in ABC Industry", in International Journal of Advanced Technology in Engineering & Science (ISSN: 2348-7550) Vol. 2, Issue. 1, in September 2014. pp. 96-103
3. Prof. V. V. Patil, Prof. A. M. Patil & Prof. P. D. Kulkarni published a paper entitled, "Design & Development of Bagasse Dryer for modern jaggery house", in International Journal of Advanced Research in Science & Engineering (ISSN: 2319-8354) Vol. 3, Issue. 1, in September 2014. pp. 599-605
4. Prof. A. M. Patil, Prof. P. D. Kulkarni & Prof. V. V. Patil published a paper entitled, "Design & Development of Sunflower seeds extraction machine", in International Journal of Advanced Research in Science & Engineering (ISSN: 2349-6495) Vol. 1, Issue. 5, in October 2014. pp. 63-69
5. Prof. M. V. Jadhav, Prof. V. R. Gambhire and Prof. G. S. Kamble published a paper entitled "Experimental Analysis of stresses in real(preserved) intact proximal human femur (Thigh) bone under static load", in International Journal of Advanced Technology and Engineering Science (ISSN: 2348-7550) Vol. 3, Issue. 1, in Macrh 2015. pp. 1179-1187
6. Prof. V. R. Gambhire, Prof. D. S. Patil & Prof. P. J. Patil published a paper entitled "FEA of composite flat C-Spring of Car rear suspension under dynamic load", in International Journal of Engineering Development & Research (ISSN: 2321-9939) Vol. 3, Issue. 1, in April 2015. pp. 217-224
7. Prof. M. R. Todkar published a paper entitled "An Experimental study of Thermo-Hydraulic performance of Modified Double pipe heat Exchanger using Mesh Inserts", in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering & Technology (ISSN: 2347-6710) Vol. 4, Issue. 6, in June 2015. pp. 4622-4627
8. Prof. M. R. Jadhav, Prof. K. D. Joshi, Prof. P. V. Mulik & Prof. G. S. Kamble published a paper entitled "Process Improvement in Powder Coating Station and Pit Furnace Station in ABC Industry", in International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research (ISSN: 2347-1697) Vol. 2, Issue. 10, in June 2015. pp. 3638-3643
9. Prof. N. S. Dharashivkar & Prof. K. D. Joshi published a paper entitled "Experimental and Finite Element Analysis of Bending strength of Asymmetric Involute Spur Gear", in IUP Journal of Mechanical Engineering (ISSN: 0974-6536) Vol. 9, Issue. 3, in August 2016. pp. 27-45
D. Workshops/STTPs/Conferences Organised
1. Prof. V. W. Atgur and Prof. A. S. Darur organized a 6-days FDP on "An approach to FEA in Research & Development for Dynamic Structures by using Ansys" from 13th June to 18th June 2016. This program was jointly organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering and INFIDOF Solutions, Bengalooru under the sponsorship of Institution of Egnineers (India), Kolhapur Local Center and I. S. T. E. New Delhi.
2. Prof. G. S. Kamble and Prof. V. W. Atgur organized a 3-days FDP on "An Approach to Computational Fluid Dynamics for Engineering Research", from 4th Decemebr to 6th December 2015. Department of Mechanical Engineering and INFIDOF Solutions, Bengalooru, jointly organized this program.
3. Prof. A. S. Todkar and Prof. N. S. Dharashivkar organized a National Conference on Development & Innovations in Mechanical Engineering-DIME-2015 on 30th July 2015. This conference provided a good paltform to showcase the innovations and research work carried out by the participants.
4. Prof. G. S. Kamble successfully organized a National Level e-Seminar on "Steps 2 Research" on 19th and 20th Sept. 2014. He worked as the Co-ordinator of this e-Seminar at our Remote Center. This e-Seminar was organised by Department of Computer Science & Computer Application, Amaljyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally in association with ISTE, Kerala Section and CSE Cochin Chapter. All the faculty members of our Department participated in this e-Seminar. Prof. A. S. Chavan and Prof. K. D. Joshi from our Department were among the Committee members for this e-Seminar.
E. Honors, Awards and Achievements
1. During AY 2016-17, a B. E. Project entitled "Design and fabrication of Automatic Cocopeat filling and Seed sowing machine" guided by Prof. Milind R. Todkar got selected for UNNAT MAHARASHTRA ABHIYAAN, an expedition run by Govt. of Maharshtra in view of Rural development. One of the reputed dailies Times of India took note of the same and published an article on it in its Kolhapur edition supplement.
2. Prof. Ajit B. Bachche bagged Maharashtra State Engineering Design National Award for his guided project entitled “Performance and Analysis of Refrigeration System by Using Nano Fluid.” The award ceremony was held during the 19th ISTE Students National Convention at VIT University, Vellore (T.N.) during 15th & 16th October, 2016. The Award consists of Cash Prize, Medallion and Citation.