Welcome to the Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities
Prof. P. B. Patil
HOD, Basic Sciences and Humanities
Chief Coordinator of First Year Engineering
The Department of Humanities and Science was formed in 1990. Dr. S. S. Joshi was first Head of Humanities and Sciences department. This department provides breadth of knowledge in pure and basic sciences like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with engineering practices. Humanities and Sciences subjects are the foundation subject for all the disciplines such as Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electronics and Computer Science & Engineering for Engineering and Technology.
The vision of the department is to enhance the scientific temperament of the students through the knowledge of core courses of the Basic Sciences & Humanities.
The mission of Department of Humanities and Sciences -
- To impart quality education in Basic Sciences and Humanities
- To provide hands on training to solve real life problems
- To acquaint students with effective communication skills
- To inculcate ethical and moral values amongst the students
The department offers excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to provide the needs of the students and to motivate them to develop their technical skills.
FACULTY QUALIFICATION :
FACULTY TEACHING EXPERIENCE :
FACULTY PUBLICATIONS-SUMMARY :
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Department of Humanities and Sciences will enable its graduates to:
1. Capable to examine problems by applying and obtaining knowledge and understanding of laws,
theories and principles of sciences and mathematic.
2. Able to identify problems, design an experiment, process and interpret the experimental data and
critically analyze and define the conclusion.
3. Be proficient to use the fundamental techniques, Basic skills,Science and modern engineering tools
for engineering practice.
4. Pursue and succeed in furthering their education as they continue the process of life-long learning.