Welcome to Civil Engineering Department
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To produce competent civil engineers with a strong aptitude for leadership.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- To promote excellence by providing strong motivation for creative thinking.
- To inculcate sensitivity towards society and high respect for environment.
- To trace new career paths with a meaningful interaction with stakeholders.
- To impart quality technical education with an excellent blend of academic programs and practical knowledge.
Department of Civil Engineering
The department of Civil engineering was established in the year 1983 initially with UG course in ‘Construction Technology’ with 60 intake capacity. Later shifted to UG course in Civil engineering with same intake in the year 1987. At present the department is has a intake capacity of 120 for the first year, 60 for direct second year and PG in Construction and Management 18. The department is accredited by NBA-AICTE, New Delhi.
Department Intake :-
First Shift: 60 Seats
Second Shift: 60 Seats
Direct Second Year: 60 Seats
Total : 180 Seats
M.E.Civil ( Construction Management )
Features : -
- Completed 33 years successfully
- The postgraduate Program has been started in the year 2011.
- Qualified, experienced, motivated and coordinated faculty.
- Twelve Well equipped and spacious laboratory infrastructure.
- Strong industry institute interaction.
- Active students association CESA.
- Strong alumni linkage.
- Involvement of the faculty members in all activities organized by the Institute.
Program Educational Objectives
Civil Engineering Graduates will –
• Be competent with a strong technical background to design and undertake multidisciplinary projects.
• Exhibit excellent leadership skills with due consideration to ethical values and safety.
• Participate in research and development activities to provide sustainable solutions.
• Excel in the use of professional software for planning, analysis and design.
• Become successful entrepreneurs to encourage vibrant growth in infrastructure.
• Demonstrate knowledge in mathematics, basic sciences and civil engineering
• Identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
• Prepare structural design that fulfills specification, durability, economy & safety.
• Design and conduct experiment, analyze data and interpret result to provide conclusion.
• Use appropriate engineering techniques and software tools to analyze civil engineering problems.
• Apply civil engineering knowledge for construction site in all respect like planning, execution and supervision.
• Successfully face towards ethical, societal and environmental issue along with professional work.
• Exhibit understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
• Ability to function as a leader of multidisciplinary team.
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
• Develop engineering research ability and project management skill.
• Possess confidence for self education and ability for lifelong learning.